Laurel Oak Estates Homes For Sale
Search Laurel Oak Estates homes for sale & real estate in Sarasota. Real estate communities within the Laurel Oak Country Club estate comprise of maintenance-free homes in three minor subdivisions. Its five-star homes range from simple but elegant villas to the more exuberant palatial residences in the Laurel Oak Country Club estate. The Laurel Oak Country Club Home Owners Association ensures the maintenance of the community, which allows its residents to go on extended vacations without worrying about their homes. For information about Laurel Oak Estates neighborhood properties for sale or to schedule a private home showing, contact your Laurel Oak Estates real estate experts today. Read More about Laurel Oak Estates real estate.
Real Estate For Sale Laurel Oak Estates Sarasota
Get notified when matching listings become available. We also have found more listings nearby within 5 miles of this community.
Search All Real Estate Listings in: Sarasota
See TODAY's New Listings, search by beds/baths, home & lot size, listing status, days on market & more!
Selling or buying a home in Laurel Oak Estates soon? Call Corcoran Dwellings (941) 200-HOME, your Sarasota, Florida real estate team. Our community of Laurel Oak Estates REALTORS® team will help you navigate the housing market in Laurel Oak Estates Sarasota, FL.
Laurel Oak Estates Real Estate Market
Laurel Oak Estates is comprised of roughly 400 impressive homes that range in size from about 3,000 to 10,000 square feet. Take a peek below to view the current offering of homes for sale. Laurel Oak is a great place to raise a family or retire. It is gated and very secure. Visit these street pages to view the homes for sale on them - Albert Tillinghast, Alister Mackenzie Drive, Charles MacDonald Drive, Dick Wilson Drive, Donald Ross Road, Tom Morris Drive, & Walter Travis Drive.
Laurel Oak Country Club
The main attraction of the Laurel Oak community is the Laurel Oak Country Club. It is a private member-only club with oustanding facilities to include two championship golf courses masterfully designed by world-renowned professional golfer, Gary Player. The older golf course of the club has been redesigned by Rees Jones, America’s famous golf course architect. The Laurel Oak Country Club occupies 800 acres of “peaceful” terrain, which is still within easy reach of the city’s entertainment center as well as Florida’s best beaches.
The Laurel Oak Country Club will captivate its guests with a glorious and scenic view of its 29 lakes and 22 immaculate wetland preserves. The club has been in operation for 20 years with an average membership age of 57. This makes the Laurel Oak Country Club Sarasota’s “youngest” country club, with a country club community that gets all of its family members involved, from the oldest “grandpa” to the youngest toddler. Homebuyers seeking for a fun family community will benefit from living in a Laurel Oak home.
Golf is not the only world-class sports facility in the Laurel Oak Country Club. Club amenities also include 12 Har-Tru tennis courts, a junior-size heated swimming pool, and a 45,000-square foot clubhouse that was only recently renovated. On average, more than 180 events are held in the Laurel Oak Country Club annually.
Members of the Laurel Oak Sarasota also enjoy social benefits in the Bird Key Yacht Club, which includes docking a boat for dinner or other special events. Moreover, during summer, Laurel Oak Country Club members may use the facilities and amenities of 20 other clubs from Tampa to Naples as part and parcel of Laurel Oak Country Club’s reciprocal agreement with these other golf clubs. Noteworthy is the fact that the Laurel Oak Country Club hosted the U.S. Open qualifying tournament in its tennis facilities and continues to be the preferred venue of the Michelob Ultra-Lite National Tournaments.
Laurel Oak Estates Country Club is one of the most sought after golf course communities in Sarasota, Florida. This fabulous neighborhood sits on roughly 800 acres of pristine golf course, lakes, natural wetlands and preserves offering residents fabulous views. Laurel Oak Country Club is a private, member owned club with 2 golf courses. Both were designed by Gary Player, however the older course was recently redesigned by Rees Jones.
- Comprised of two golf courses, 12 tennis courts, Jr. Olympic heated pool and 45,000 square foot clubhouse
- Membership in the club is not mandatory for homeowners, however Laurel Oak has the hightest percentage (75) of homeowner members of any non-mandatory golf community in the Sarasota area.
- 55% of the homeowners are golf related members and another 20% are tennis or social members. Please note, non-member homewoners have no access to the pool or clubhouse.
- There are 660 memberships totaling 1470 family members, including 230 children under the age of 21.
- Memberships are available in 4 categories: Golf & Tennis, Golf, Tennis & Social with all membership categories having pool, clubhouse and dining privileges.
- About 47% of the membership live in Laurel Oak Estates, and 53% live in the greater Sarasota area. All members, whether residents or not, pay the same amount for membership and have equal rights and use privileges.
- Resignation policy is 12 months notice.
- Laurel Oak has the highest net asset value of any private member owned club in the Sarasota area.
- Laurel Oak has completed the last five years with an operating surplus and no assessments.
- Memberships in the Club increased by 36 compared to the previous year and are up 34 so far this year.
Quick Facts about Laurel Oak Estates Real Estate
- Gated 24 hour manned security
- Community of 813 acres containing 404 homes, and the Laurel Oak Country Club
- All homes are single family on independent lots ranging from .23 to over 3 acres (50+ lots over one acre)
- 75% of the home-sites overlook one of the two golf courses, 29 lakes, or 22 wetland preserves
- Home sizes range from 1,900 to over 10,000 square feet
- All homes were built between 1990 and 2005. Three lots remain un-built, with one for sale
- Three subdivisions-Lakeside Villas (Allen Robertson Place), Lakeside East Villas (Dick Wilson Drive East), and Oakleaf Villas (Chick Evans Place) containing 60 total homes are maintenance free lots with the community association responsible for the landscaping maintenance
- Current HOA fees for the estate homes are $885 per quarter. Quarterly HOA fees for the three subdivisions are: Lakeside Villas: $1697, Lakeside East Villas: $1920, Oakleaf Villas: $1715
- The community is financially sound with sufficient reserves ($1,500,000+) to fund planned capital improvements and operating expenses
- Laurel Oak is not a CDD community