995 Whitakers Ln | $2,499,000
Truly a unique home for the connoisseur of life. A mariner's delight with concrete seawall, and an assigned boat slip on-site. Experience living on Whitaker's Bayou, a beautiful wide and deep saltwater canal, moments from the bay. The Mediterranean beauty of this estate lends itself to entertaining both on and off the water. Residing in the private and distinguished gated community, Whitaker's Landing, a secluded sanctuary located on Sarasota Bay, offers the very best of Florida living. The home's trademark tower with its coral cast stone and stunning wrought iron beckons you inside. The interior is truly remarkable with all the special touches of a grand estate with formal living and dining room, gourmet kitchen, casual gathering spaces, game room with wet bar and entertainment center, home office/library, gorgeous powder/pool bath, summer kitchen, elevator and six-car motor salon with drive through ability and rear watercraft access. The exquisite craftsmanship is evident throughout with travertine stone floors set in a Versailles pattern, stained trim work, crown molding, exotic 2 1/2" thick chisel edge granites, pecky cypress ceilings, exceptional custom cabinetry and beautiful chandeliers. Live minutes to downtown in one of only two gated communities in downtown Sarasota.
Interested in this property?
- Essential Information
- MLS® #A3967586
- Full Baths3
- Half Baths1
- Square Footage5,358
- Year Built2008
- Sub-TypeSingle Family Home
- Community Information
- UtilitiesCable Available, Cable Connected, City Water, Electric, Gas, Public Utilities, Sprinkler Well, Street Lights, Underground
- FeaturesDeed Restrictions, Dock, Gated Community, Water Access
- Garages5+ Car Garage
- ViewFlood Zone, In City Limits, Street Paved
- Is WaterfrontYes
- Has PoolYes
- PoolGunite/Concrete, Heated Pool, Heated Spa, In Ground, Tile
- Water AccessBay/Harbor, Canal - Saltwater, Gulf/Ocean
- Water Access YNY
- Water ExtrasNoBridges,DockOnSit,SailWater,SeawallCon
- Water Extras YNY
- Water FrontageY
- Water Frontage YNY
- Waterfront Feet84
- Water NameWHITAKERS BAYOU
- Water ViewBay/part, Canal
- Water View YNY
- Interior FeaturesCathedral/Vaulted Ceiling, Ceiling Fan(s), Central Vacuum, Crown Molding, Elevator, Hot Tub/Spa, Smoke Alarm(s), Solid Stone Counters, Solid Wood Cabinets, Storage Room, Thermal Windows, Tray Ceiling, Walk In Closet
- AppliancesBuilt In Oven, Convection Oven, Dishwasher, Disposal, Exhaust Fan, Gas Appliances, Hot Water Gas, Microwave, Range, Range Hood, Refrigerator, Wine/Bar Refrigerator
- HeatingCentral, Fuel - Electric, Zoned/Multiple
- CoolingCentral, Zoned/Multiple
- FireplacesFamily Room, Gas Fireplace, Other Room
- StoriesTwo Story
- ExteriorBlock, Stucco
- Exterior FeaturesBalcony/Sun Deck, French Doors, Irrigation System, Outdoor Grill, Outdoor Kitchen, Outdoor Lights, Patio/Porch/Deck Covered, Patio/Porch/Deck Open, Sliding Doors, Trees/Landscaped
- Lot Description1/4 Acre to 21779 Sq. Ft.
- Front ExposureSouth
- Additional RoomsDen/Library/Office, Game Room
- Interior LayoutBreakfast Room Separate, Formal Dining Room Separate, Formal Living Room Separate, Great Room, Master Bedroom Downstairs, Open Floor Plan, Volume Ceilings
- Kitchen FeaturesBreakfast Bar, Desk Built In, Island, Walk In Pantry
- Master Bath FeaturesBath w Spa/Hydro Massage Tub, Dual Sinks, Tub with Separate Shower Stall
- Master Bed Size21x16
- Room Dimensions
- Bedroom 115x13
- Bedroom 214x14
- Bedroom 314x14
- Bedroom 420x14
- Dining Room14x16
- Family Room27x18
- Living Room16x13
- School Information
- ElementaryGocio Elementary
- MiddleBooker Middle
- Additional Information
- Days on Market1251
- Community FeaturesDeed Restrictions, Dock, Gated Community, Water Access
- HOA Fee$1,500
- HOA Payment ScheduleAnnual
- Homestead YNN
- Tax Year2015
- Price History
Date Details Price Change Price Reduced (from $2,650,000) $2,499,000 $151,000 (5.70%)
Talk with a REAL Person
Similar Listings to MLS® #A3967586
About this Property
The highly sought after lifestyle of the Sarasota area is not far from this stunning property located at 995 Whitakers Ln, Sarasota, FL. Beach lovers are in luck since this 5 bedroom, 4.00 bathroom property is located in the popular 34236 zip code. That means you can get to the popular beaches of Siesta Key or Lido Key relatively quickly. Built in 2008 this property has approximately 5,358 square feet of living space and a lot size of 0.35 acres. The average price per square foot for homes for sale in 34236 is $588. To schedule a tour of this listing at 995 Whitakers Ln in Sarasota, please contact our Sarasota realtors.
Listing information courtesy of Premier Sotheby's Int'l Realty.
All listing information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified through personal inspection by appropriate professionals. Listings displayed on this website may be subject to prior sale or removal from sale; availability of any listing should always be independently verified.
Listing information is provided for consumer personal, non-commercial use, solely to identify potential properties for potential purchase; all other use is strictly prohibited and may violate relevant federal and state law.
Listing data comes from My Florida Regional MLS.
Listing information last updated on May 3rd, 2016 at 9:05pm EDT.