What Kind of First Impression is Your Home Making?
We all know the old adage: you only have one chance to make a first impression. And that goes for your house too!
If you are in the process of selling your home, one of the first questions you must ask yourself is: Is my house making a great first impression? If the answer to this question is “no,” then it’s time to take matters into your own hands and bump up your home’s curb appeal!
Curb appeal is the general term used for describing the way your home looks at first impression. Curb appeal may mean the difference between selling your home and watching it sit idle on the market.
Here are some tips for sprucing up your home’s curb appeal and making a fantastic first impression to potential buyers:
- Give your home’s trim and shutters a fresh coat of paint – There is, perhaps, no better way to freshen up your home’s curb appeal than by giving the trim, shutters and gutters a fresh coat of paint.
- Liven up your front door – Your front door should be memorable, so don’t forget to give it the attention that it deserves! Apply a fresh coat of paint, install a beautiful door knocker, or add a seasonal wreath.
- Trim away any hanging tree limbs – Don’t let overgrown tree limbs block your home’s excellent curb appeal. If the job is small, consider renting a tree pruner. If it requires a bit more work, consider hiring a tree company to handle the job as to not damage the health of your trees.
- Tidy up your landscaped beds – Your landscaped beds should be free of weeds and freshly mulched. In addition, all of the shrubs and perennials should be neatly trimmed. Many buyers consider attractive landscaping to be important when purchasing a home, as professional landscaping can cost quite a bit of money.
- Add a colorful touch to your front porch – There are many things you can do to add colorful touches to your front porch, but the easiest way to add a punch of color is to plant a variety of pots with colorful annuals.
- Update your house numbers and mailbox – Don’t forget the details! Your house numbers and mailbox are just as important as the big details, as buyers will always notice that you have given attention to even the smallest details. Replace your house numbers with new, attractive ones and either replace your mailbox with a new one or give your old one a fresh coat of paint.
Taking advantage of these tips will ensure that buyers have a great first impression of your home the moment they see it from the curb!
Tina Fountain is the Broker Owner of Tina Fountain Realtors, an Atlanta Real Estate company serving the entire metro Atlanta area including Marietta Real Estate and Cobb County Real Estate.
Great tips/info for sellers, Marc. And Realtors could also take something out of it: only one chance to make a first impression. By posting subpar pictures, the likelihood of enticing potential buyers minimizes substantially.
You only have one chance to make a first impression, so make sure that your house is staged well.
Post a Comment