Smart Home Technology
Imagine your everyday routine syncing with devices throughout your home. Blinds automatically opening to let in the natural light, thermostats adjusting when you come and go, lights turning on when you drive up at night. All of these scenarios are no longer a thing for the future or only possible in your dreams. Smart Home Technology is gaining speed and proving to be something homeowners are getting excited about.
According to findings produced by BI Intelligence, 75% of American have wireless internet and 57% have smartphones. These 2 items are the critical features to enable a Smart Home ecosystem. US households average roughly 100 products that could connect to the internet, making it possible for an easy transition to implement and connect a smart home with our products. iControl Networks conducted a survey and found what smart home products are most appealing to consumers.
- 72% adjustable thermostat.
- 71% doors that lock from remote locations.
- 68% master remote controling home preferences.
- 65% auto adjustable lighting.
- 65% Home monitoring cameras.
- 54% of surveyed consumers say they are excited about incorporating smart home technology in their residence.
- Urban households showed the most enthusiasm to add smart home technology, Rural homes showed the least excitement.
- Consumers between the age of 25-34 are the most excited about having smart home technology but are not financially secure enough to make the investment.
- Consumers between the age of 35-44 follow as the second age group excited about smart home technology and they have the capital to make the investment.
- 90% stated personal and family security was a top benefit to having smart home technology.
- Individuals were 83% more likely to get excited about smart home technology when they know someone with a smart house system.
Smart Home Technology is quite a recent concept...
Post a Comment