6 Reasons to Consider Condo LivingPosted by Marc Rasmussen on Thursday, May 1st, 2008 at 8:43pm.
Periodically, we have other real estate professionals write posts of value. Lynn Byrne of CenterPointe Realty in Daytona Beach, Florida contributed this article.
Condo living is an ideal match for many people seeking vacation homes or retirement homes or who are too busy to maintain a home. Here are 6 top reasons to consider condo living:
1. Location, Location, Location - just to buy the land where an ocean front, gulf front or riverfront condo is built would cost many times the value of the single unit that you own. Waterfront lots can run into the millions of dollars. Your beachfront condo is sitting on multi-million dollar property, but you pay only a fraction of that cost. I've sold many Daytona Beach Condos the units cost only a small fraction of the price of the land.
2. Maintenance - most condo buildings require very little maintenance. Living in a condo means that you can spend more of your time doing what you like to do. The condo association takes care of landscaping, building maintenance, painting the building and halls and much more. The level of maintenance can vary, so be sure to know exactly what's included.
3. Lock and Leave - with a condo, you can feel comfortable when you leave for the weekend or for the season. It's a great comfort to know that you home is protected and secure while you're gone.
4. Amenities - most condos include amenities that are expensive to build and maintain. Most buildings include one or more pools, fitness centers, and club facilities that can be used for gatherings and parties. Some buildings also include tennis. Condos with on-site management include door service for packages and security.
5. Security - many condos and nearly all the luxury buildings employ multiple security features to provide for the safety and privacy of residents. These include codes access to garage parking, coded or keyed access to all building entrances and additional security codes for elevators and building amenities. On-site management and staff provide additional security. You are generally much better protected in a condo than in a single-family house or home community.
6. Beautiful Buildings - many condo buildings are simply striking and very pleasing to the eye. Architects seemingly compete to create the most spectacular buildings. Take the time to check out the buildings where condos are popular in locations like Sarasota or Daytona Beach. It's nice to come home to a beautiful unit in a beautiful building.
Condo Living is not for everyone, but it's a great choice for many people. You owe it to yourself to check our condos before you purchase your next home. It just be the best move you could make.
Lynn Byrne, Realtor
Daytona Beach Real Estate
Be the first to comment on this blog entry!